Monday, June 6, 2011

How Could I Forget?

Today I went to visit my friend, Jessica and her brand new baby girl (my future daughter in law), Kenleigh Grace, who is just four days old!  I was lucky enough to be able to hold her 6lb little self and I just broke into tears.  What it is about a tiny little baby that can evoke such emotion?  I shared with Jessica, that I don't remember my boys being that little...but they were.  Asher was a mere 5 pounds when we came home from the hospital...but I don't remember it.  How is that even possible?  How is it that we, as mothers and fathers, bring home these teeny tiny babies and one year later, 'grown' and walking, we forget what they once looked like?  How could we forget what it felt like to hold that little ball of innocence close to you?  I don't know how I could forget it, but there are often times I wish I could rewind time for just a little while and put us back in those small moments of magic.  

I somehow forgot to take a picture of Kenleigh, so the only related picture I have for this post is, of course, of my baby boys at a mere four days old....


1 comment:

  1. My thoughts exactly!!! So it is commom with all Mommy's. This is why EACH day is so precious and for the moment...cherish it...and look forward to the next days blessings.

    As I noted on our visit...your dreams of how you want your children to be...DO come to pass. Nathan is a wonderful husband and father..just as I had hoped...and above all desires to please the LORD..and that in itself..blesses your entire family!!

    I didn't have videos...so with the ones you have..you will recall all those wonderful growing times.

    Love and hugs to you all

    ReplyDelete