Sunday, May 12, 2013

You're A Mommy

Yes, it has been 9 months since my last post...I'd like to think that I could take the time to "catch up" but, if I'm honest with myself, I know that that is just not going to happen!  I've had so many things that I've wanted to blog about, but simply haven't had the time to do it.  Unfortunatley, those ideas and thoughts have slipped away somewhere and got jumbled up with nursing a baby, preparing three meals a day, changing diapers, washing diapers, potty training (which is thankfully FINISHED), dishes, cooking with my boys and lots of memory making.  So, I'll just focus on today's ideas...

How fitting that it is Mother's Day!  My 4th if you want to get really specific....
Mother's Day 2010...Very pregnant with two little boys....

Mother's Day 2010....just a few more weeks of just the two of us...

Mother's Day 2011... Mommy of two almost 1 year olds

Mother's Day 2012...12 weeks with Baby E

and Mommy of two almost 2 year olds

Mother's Day 2013... Mommy of THREE amazing children!!
 (and I got to spend it with my Mommy too:)
 
I'll keep those post short and to the point. 
 
At night when we tuck the boys into bed I think of a few things...Mostly how truly blessed I am to have such an amazing family!  (I've said it before and I'll say it again...) There were many years I thought I'd never know the joy of being a Mommy...The Lord had plans for me...I just had to wait on HIM!  His timing is ALWAYS perfect!  I tuck them into bed and think how blessed we are and how blessed they are to have a MOMMY & A DADDY to tuck them in together.  I realize more and more that this is not the "normal" for our society and that households with both parents are becoming more and more unusual.  (I was a child of one of those households, but I have to say...I think I was better off for it and so were the relationships with my parents) BUT I am so happy to be a part of a family I had only ever dreamed and to be able to offer this love and security to our children. 
 
Like I was saying...after I say prayers with the boys I kiss them goodnight, usually making a funny face.... Every night Nolan says laughing, "Don't be funny, Mommy. Don't be funny. 
 
I reply, "I can't help it, I'm just a funny person." 
 
And he says...It gets me every time... "You're not a person. You're a Mommy!" 
 
I've written about this before... being lost in "just a Mommy" but recently I'm more than happy to be "just a Mommy"  It one of my primary roles in life right now (aside from being wife to my husband).  One day my children will grow up and I won't be "just a Mommy" anymore...
I'll figure out what else I am later! 
 
For now...I'm taking my son's words to heart...
 
"You're not a Person! You're a Mommy!" 
 
....more than I ever dreamed of being... a role I feel both honored and challenged to fill....a role I will be forever grateful for and cherish all of my days....
 
I love you Asher, Nolan and Ellie!  Thank you for calling me Mommy and helping me to become a better person for you!  May you always know that I love you and wish nothing but the best for you!  This has by far been the best Mother's Day yet!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww that blessed my heart! You have an amazing family and its great to have you back! :) I've missed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thanks Sarah! I'm happy that somebody enjoys reading it...I sure do enjoy writing it...even if nobody reads it :)

    ReplyDelete