Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Two Years Without Him

It actually seems that it's been awhile since I've writing about him, my dad(dy).  But here we are, June 13, 2012...two full years that he's been gone, so it seems only right that I devote a moment to him today. 

In all honesty, sometimes I try not to think about him too much for fear that I'll begin to cry again.  And sometimes, a fond memory is able to bring only a smile to my face with no tears to follow. 

This year seems a lot 'easier' than the year before, the first anniversary of his death.  I still feel all of the pain that I felt then...A girl just needs her Daddy - no matter how hold she is! 

There are so many things that I miss about him, but mostly I miss how happy he made me.  Just talking with him on the phone always brought a smile to my face.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I have never felt more understood by anybody else on the face of this earth. 

Sadly, two years later, living without him hasn't gotten any better it just starts to feel more normal....




I'll never stop loving you nor will I ever forget the joy you brought to my adult life!  Love, your baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment