Monday, June 1, 2015

Corrupt Communication to Edification


This past Sunday, a message was preached at church that resonated with me in many ways. 

 

II Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

 

The part I wanted to focus on is, “and seek my face.”  This means to be constantly aware of God.  As our Pastor mentioned, how many OTHER things are we aware of and focused on during the day, leaving little time and thought for God and Godly Things.  An illustration was given how we will often google something before we open our Bibles or seek Him in prayer.   I have (just in the past couple of days) made more of a point to seek answers in His word, which is how I ended up writing this blurp.

 

My question is this.  If somebody hurts your feelings or a situation has made you upset, is it wrong to tell somebody else about it?  Where is the line between sharing your feelings and speaking badly of another. 

 

Ephesians 4:29 says, “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”

 

It seems as though my question has been answered, yes? 

 

The next part of the message after Seeking His Face was to Turn from Your Wicked Ways…This is the part that I’m sure many of us deal with.  I don’t know what the next step is.  I don’t know how to share my feelings that may involve an interaction with somebody else and do what I think the Bible is telling me.  Do I bottle the feelings?  Put them away?  (So against my personality) 

 

My intent in writing this is to share what I have only just tonight realized.  And also, for my friends to hold me accountable.  I think my tounge could stand to take a leave of absence or something. 

 

My goal and prayer is that my mouth would use more words for

 

“the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers”

No comments:

Post a Comment