Saturday, February 28, 2015

Peace & Perspective




            Last Sunday, our Pastor preached a sermon on Peace in the Home.  I, the mom of four little ones and wife to a hard working husband, was immediately convicted.  I began scribbling as many notes as I could, trying to soak it all in, because I knew I needed this message…for our family, I needed this message.


Colossians 3:15 says “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…” 




Although the messages was about Peace, what I’m about to write about is on something a little different.  Keeping with the theme of my blog, PERSPECTIVE, I would like tell you about how my perspective effected my peace. 


The night after that sermon I prayed that the Lord would help me do the things that I needed to do to have Peace in our home; to have a home that my husband would be eager to arrive to (despite four little … noisy… ones); to have a home that people would feel peaceful in, to have a home that I would feel peaceful in, but above all to have a peaceful home because sometimes it’s hard to hear the Lord in the chaos. 


And the next day…. Was better….. A little quieter, a little calmer, a little happier, a little more joyful. I don’t know that we arrived at PEACEFUL in 24 hours, but I do know that there was more peace in our home that day than there had been in a long time. 


Naysayers could say that I just shifted my perspective and decided that things were going to be better.  And while all of that may be true, I believe that the Lord answered my prayer and knew my heart and guided me through the day. 


The perspective that did change was ME LOOKING FOR THE LORD.  It’s easy to think things are good and give myself credit…. But what I’d much prefer is to listen for the Lord answering my prayers and recognizing His blessings in our lives daily. 


So, in all of that, my point is this.  When I am looking for the Lord to hear and answer my prayers, it’s amazing what He does! 







No comments:

Post a Comment