Saturday, May 21, 2011

No End in Eternity

This "end of the world" stuff has really made me think about a few things....It is not my intention to offend anyone, only to share with you what has been shared with me. 

In January of 2007 I was saved.  Many of you may be wondering what that even means...I didn't know what it meant.

What is "salvation"?  In plain and simple terms it means to me that the Lord came and secured a place for my soul in Heaven.  It means that a piece of God, the Holy Spirit, came and lived within me to lead me in the direction of the Lord.  It means that I am a child of God and my life should be changed to serve and honor Him.  It was.  I became a new person.  Let me explain what the Lord did...

The first step of this was to realize that I was and am a sinner.  At first, this sounds so terrible.  Me?  But I'm nice enough, right?  The Bible says in 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." and in Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  This was hard to swallow. 

I believed in God.  I knew there was a Bible and a Heaven and a Hell.  Wasn't that enough?  In Titus 3:5 the Bible says "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us by the washing and regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost."  And in Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

The Lord has made it so simple...In Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  So, this is what I did.  I 'Called" upon the Lord.  I asked him to come into my heart and save my soul, to come and be a part of me with the Holy Spirit.  I was and truly forever will be because of Him.

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD....that is what happens to all who are born again....a changed life in Christ Jesus...because of what he did for us on Calvary as individuals. So mmany people think ...oh yea..he died for OUR sins...the whole world..yes, but for EACH person who confesses as you did and admit to their OWN sins and desire to be reconciled to GOD by HIS son. I also did not understand SALVATION and even went to a church off and on..but one that did not preach the BIBLE..only parts...formalities that did nothing for me...Until someone told me about the LORD Jesus and WHY he died on the cross and WHY I CAN go to HEAVEN and have peace and assurance I never had before! AND not by works of MY OWN doing but by HIS blood shed for ME. What RELIEF came to my soul when I realized...if I had died I would have died IN my sins..but because I trusted Christ as MY personal Saviour..I too was changed by the Holy Spirit within and could walk with Christ the rest of my life! What great JOY to know the WORD OF GOD is indeed GOD speaking to us! Man writes books of multitude and they learn from them..but yet deny the BIBLE written so we CAN KNOW WE ARE SAVED! I John 5:13 the KNOW book of the BIBLE.

    Such a blessing to read your post and to have full assurance in both our hearts of this great salvation freely given to those who seek it and embrace it!

    Love you...and so thankful you got SAVED!!!!
    *sorry for the looong post* just had to testify for the LORD's glory!

    ReplyDelete