Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bittersweet



I've recently realized that sometimes when I am the happiest, the absence of my Daddy is most real.  Does that sound crazy?  When the boys do something funny or reach a milestone, I want so badly to share that with him.  I can just imagine him standing here next to us thinking everything they do is AMAZING! As a mother, it saddens me so that my boys don't have their Grandpa Frank...As a daughter, I wish I could share these special moments with him.  I miss him everyday. 

HOWEVER

I have felt the precense of the LORD through every moment since my dad's death.  For I know there is no way I would've even begun to come out on the other end had it not been for HIM.  Some might say, what horrible timing to lose your Daddy...To that I say..."It was in God's time! For the timing could not have been better.  I had just spent the best week of my life with my Daddy and he had been here to be a part of something so wonderful (the birth of Asher & Nolan).  The Lord gave me our sons at the most perfect time. 

As I have shared in previous posts, I was always somebody who was "wishing my life away" and unable to enjoy the present.  Because of the Lord's timing, I was able to learn the valuable lesson of enjoying every precious second with my loved ones just in time.  Imagine if had turned out differently and I remaind that same somebody who not only "wished MY life away," but consequently wished away the life my children.  But now, because of God's perfect timing I am enjoying every single second I am able to spend with my children, my husband and other loved ones. 

I am truly thankful for HIS perfect timing of this lesson. 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN....and PRAISE THE LORD for the wonderful work in your heart...and acknowledging HIS timing and purposes.

    I just read about Queen Esther..had she known her life would be on the line to save her people..would she herself have chosen that path?...GOD DID and what an amazing acount and glorious outcome.

    Your little family is a precious gift of the LORD!!!

    I was just looking at these same pics tonight..and laughing at Nolan..and admiring Asher's smile (he looks like cousin Brady in this one!!)

    HUGS and love
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Auntie Molly, Uncle Nathan, and cousins!

    Mommy showed me your pics on here and I really like your new hat? That's pretty cool....and funny. Everyday Mommy shows me your picture on the mantle and she tells me who you are....you guys are just my size, I wish you were closer so we could share our toys....hopefully I'll see you soon, you can sleep in my bed and I'll show you how bouncy it is. It's lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete