Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bedridden & Blessed

You just never know when or where you are going to find a blessing.  Sometimes, the greatest blessings seem to turn out of the most unexpected places. 

This past week I had a 24 hour stomach virus.  While it was only 24 hours…each of those hours were horrendous…filled with nausea, vomiting, multiple trips to the ‘powder room’ and a whole lot of laying around. 

I thank the Lord that my children are (usually) so well behaved..and they have each other to play with! On this day in particular, they were ANGELS!  They’ve must’ve known that Mommy was not feeling well. 

It wasn’t until I laid my head down that night to go to sleep that I realized that despite my constant urge to purge (so to speak) I had a really great day.  I am a ‘go go go’ kind of person, but this sickness left me still and able to sit back and really watch my babies play together and on their own and with me some too.  I felt richly blessed to be able to watch all of the funnies they were doing and the feeling of needing to get up and get the laundry out of the dryer or to clean up the kitchen or to mop the floor or to sweep or to clean the bathrooms had left me completely.  All my body was able to do was to be in that moment with my laughing little boys….and vomit or no vomit there’s nowhere in the world I would’ve rather been!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes life forces us to stop, take a moment or two & smell the roses....in this case - watch your sweet little boys playing!! Life doesn't get much better right? Can't believe how fast time passes us by, doesn't seem like 14 months could have flown by already!! Enjoy every precious moment!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete