Monday, July 18, 2011

Caught Off Guard

Have you ever had one of those moments when you're walking along in your normal life and suddenly emotion strikes you like a sword?!  It happened to me today.  I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get a few things...mostly some items to make some edible foods for the boys (I have one VERY picky eater) I was in the produce section picking out some kiwi when all of a sudden a father and daughter walked over.  It wasn't anything terribly special, but the daughter (not younger than myself) said, "Do you like mango, Daddy?"and before I knew it, there I stood, at the bananas, my eyes welling up with tears, longing for the simplest of moments with my own Daddy! 

The moment passed just shortly after it began, but the feeling lingered a bit longer.  I returned home to my beautiful family and hugged my boys just a little tighter.....Thankful for the simplest of moments!

1 comment:

  1. I have cried I don't know how many times while out for the day...I told Ruthie..there are Ruthie Angels EVERYWHERE...I see the back of a girl and cry because her hair was just like hers..then another cashier in a dress shop...looked, talked and made gestures the same. I told her I wanted to HUG her for my daughter!! She smiled and said that her mom lived in another state too..she understood.

    It happens to us all...so go ahead and cry! I always wondered if people would see my watery eyes...

    I love the song...Cherish the Moment.

    Love you all..hug the boys!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete