Friday, July 15, 2011

You Are Who You Are?

Snuggles for everyone

Agreed! We all have the ability to change bit by bit over the years, sometimes by choice and sometimes it happens without being aware of it.  It’s interesting to me that the ‘quirks’ that I had as a small child have remained with me all of these years.  My personality usually fits squarely and securely inside of a neat little box.  I am organized, strong willed, efficient, neat/clean, open minded, nostalgic and tender hearted.  I worry/concern myself with/think about everything! I like to learn and further my education in all areas of life and I love love love charts and tables…especially color coded ones.  As funny as that all sounds, I dream to be that girl who can fly by the seat of my pants, come up with perfect plans with little planning, indulge in a new hobby and not be afraid of failing at it and live today as if there were no tomorrow.  Luckily, some of these things ARE changing little by little! 
Still, the older I get, the more I realize that we are always changing whether we realize it or not.  I’m sure I’ve changed more in the past year than I have in many years all added together.  Being a mommy (like I’ve mentioned before) changed my perspective and therefore changing me.  I think about being a Mommy everyday and what exactly it is that is best for our children.  I don’t take this mommy thing lightly!  During a recent conversation with my mom, we were discussing this and I realized something so strange.  Typically, I can be a high stress person, but somehow, as a mommy, the stress subsides.  Isn’t it amazing that while trying to do the best for our children we often simultaneously do the best for ourselves?! 
ANYWAY…
Today I took a baby wearing class with my amazing friend, Allison. (Who has walked alongside of me in the mommy journey!) I suppose this is my new version of 'professional development.'  It was so much fun and I learned so much!  I sure wish I would’ve been more educated on this when my boys were younger, but I don’t think the knowledge has come too late. 
Gaby did a great job teaching this class! Check out her post on babywearing HERE The class was held at Green Baby Diaper Service which happens to be my absolute favorite local business!  I really really love this place.  It's like walking a friend's living room each time you step into the door.  So great!

Well, I suppose that’s all for today!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think... "My baby bunting" so cute those little ones all snuggles and going for a RIDE!

    Such a wonderful, honest post Molly. I like how you stated that we...MOMs...change at the same time. We LEARN so much as we grow too with them.

    Pray that as they become adults, they think of ALL that you learned with them. Parents are not perfect..but how we try to be. Thank the LORD, HE is the one that can truly teach us to be the Parents we need to be..Failures come, but that is also a part of learning if we take it as such.

    Great post again....Enjoyable read..and proud of you!

    Love you so much!
    ME

    ReplyDelete