Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fifteen Months and Fifteen New Experiences Everyday!

As usual, I can hardly believe how the time has passed.  My baby boys are fifteen months old (and then some).  We have been having so much fun with them.  I don't know when they matured enough to be 'hams' but they sure are funny!  While fifteen months is still a bit of a transiton for all of us as we're still adjusting to a single nap per day, it has opened up many possiblities for excitement each day. 



Asher - Next to one of his preemie pj's...Big Boy now



Finally big enough to ride in the cool cart!


One of Nolan's favorite activities
I love to watch Asher and Nolan play these days.  I watch them with amazement and can't believe how they're really 'little boys.'  The baby is fading quickly and as much as it saddens me it also brings a smile to my face to see them grow and change and become themselves a little more every day. 

Nolan has really started talking lately.  Last week while we were visiting Grandma, he surprised us with a few words!  He wanted a snack (which Mommy always has a multitude of) while we were at Target and he held out his hand and said "A-Peez, Peez"  (Please for all of you who are not yet fluent in baby) 

This is my all time favorite though...When I open up doors or need them to back out of the way I say "Beep, Beep, Beep" - like a truck backing up.  The other day Nathan came home from work and while he was opening the door, Nolan said "Beep - Beep - Beep"  It was the cutest thing and I just laughed and laughed.  Other words include duck, dog (which is said for any four legged creature), bird, baby, shoes, bye bye, hi, drink, snack, up, hot, ball.  What I really love is that when I go get there shoes out they know it's time to go bye bye.  So as soon as I get them out, they pick them up and go running to the door saying 'bye-bye'  They love to go, as I'm sure most kids do. 

Asher is doing summersaults now.  I have yet to catch this on video, but I hope to soon!  He sort of started doing it on his own and then I guided him a little.  Now I can go to him and say, "Put your head down, let's do a summersault" and he will stick his hands and head on the floor like he is about to do a headstand. 

Well, I suppose that's all for now.  I just wanted to give an update, mostly so I wouldn't forget these things for myself ;-) 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for big boys!!! Congrats all your new adventures & exciting times!! We love you, Uncle Brett, Auntie Ruthie & cousin Brady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...I think it is time for a visit!!!

    Growing tooo fast.

    I LOVE THOSE mini crocs on the boys...sooo cute!

    Oh how this reminds me of the new words my kids would say...

    Aubrey...Lookie dat!

    Ruthie...her name baby

    Nathan....twuck

    just wait til you hear...

    I wuv wooo Mommmy

    ReplyDelete