Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Thanksgiving

This is my and Nathan's 5th Thanksgiving together...It's hard to believe it's been that many years.  However, this is Our First Thanksgiving as a family of four.  Once you have children you are blessed with the opportunity to experience old things for the first time all over again. 

This Thanksgiving Nathan's parents came for a visit.  They were able to stay with us for 6 days...A record for sure.  It was a good visit.  We weren't able to do a lot of anything, but they were able to spend lots of time with Asher and Nolan...which I know is more important than anything else we could have done. 
I made a special Thanksgiving treat for Asher and Nolan...Homemade Sweet Potatoes.  (Much better than the jar :D) 
Nana and Papa got Asher and Nolan these super cool (and entertaining) Thanksgiving presents! We had loads of laughs with these! 

After a wonderful dinner we went for a walk in the brisk fall air..FINALLY!  I took along my camera and "played photographer"  - Of course I say "played" because as you will see...I'm not anywhere close to being a photographer...but it was fun anyway!






I'd like to take this moment to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for....As we didn't take this opportunity on Thanksgiving with all of the hustle and bustle.  This year has been the single most challenging year of my life with all of the change and especially with the death of my dad...nonetheless I have so so much to be thankful for....

I am thankful for...God - who saved my soul and is taking me to Heaven one day, my hardworking and loving husband who makes it possible for me to stay home with Asher and Nolan and experience each wonderful moment with them, my amazing children, the gift of being a mommy (which is by far the BEST job I've ever had!), my mom, the memories and love of my dad, my "other" family (Nathan's family), a comfortable home to live and love in, good friends and the happiness that all of these things bring to my life!

1 comment:

  1. With all the SMILES in the photos..I think...that was one THANKFUL..HAPPY DAY!
    (and bad hair day...LOL) but it was such a nice cool, breezy day and perfect for Thanksgiving!

    How THANKFUL we indeed are to know the LORD JESUS as our Saviour! What comfort HE gives to our souls; knowing one day we will be with HIM and truly then Thanksgiving and Praise will sound the air for ever!!!

    I am so THANKFUL as well to have had the priviledge of being a mom to WONDERFUL children and then blessed with sweeet precious Grandchildren!!

    I PRAISE the LORD...for HIS Grace suffient for you this past year...and how it manifest the power of HIS presence in your life. AMEN!

    As the Hymn says..

    Thank you Lord, for saving my soul.
    Thank you Lord, for making me whole.
    Thank you Lord for giving to me...
    thy great salvation, so rich and free!

    HUGS and love with thankfulness for your sweet little family!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete