Monday, September 20, 2010

Spontaneous...A work in Progress


Spontaneous:  given to acting upon sudden impulses.  Anybody who knows me knows that this “spontaneous” is not a word that you would use to describe me.  As much as I want to be spontaneous all of my habits and schedules seem to rule my life.  I’m slowly trying to break away from this as I don’t want my children to be this way eventually making it difficult to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.  You don’t write “stop and smell the roses” on your to do list. 



Well, one of my first acts of spontaneity proved to be excellent.  We decided to go lunch with our good friends, the Hunts.  And the next thing we know…an hour and a half later…we were at the beach.  It was a beautiful early evening and a great time to be with friends.  The boys were sitting on the beach smiling when they would usually be in the bathtub.  I wasn’t even in a panic.  The boys didn’t get to bed until after 8:00 and we all had a great night’s sleep!  :D  Perhaps I can allow myself some future spontaneous events!


3 comments:

  1. wow...I"m so proud of you! You're doing fabulous...can't wait to see more spontaneous adventures...great memories and story-telling ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, life is so much more fun when you can just let loose and go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a spontaneous visit to Nana and Papa would warrant a nice break in life and a thrifting adventure!!!

    And...who would ever know they missed a bath!! especially after being at the BEACH...you did throw some ocean water on them right..that's a BATH!! hee hee

    You GO GIRL!!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete